For foreigners who want to continue living in Japan, the conditions for a permanent residence visa are difficult to understand. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
A permanent residence permit is a status of residence required when a foreigner wishes to permanently reside in Japan as a foreigner.If you wish to change from another residence permit, you must apply within your period of stay. It is not possible to suddenly receive a permanent residence permit when you come to Japan for the first time.
(1) Be of good conduct.
(2) Having sufficient assets or skills to earn an independent living.
(3) When it is recognized that the person's permanent residence is in line with the interests of Japan.
The following documents are required to prove whether you meet these three requirements.
1.Permanent residence permit application. Photos were taken within the last 3 months
2. Reason statement: The applicant must write the reason/motive for wanting to permanently reside in Japan in his or her own words (no copying and pasting) If the applicant writes in a language other than Japanese must include a Japanese translation.
3. Materials proving the income and tax payment status of the applicant or the applicant's dependents over the past three years: Withholding tax slip, tax payment certificate, etc.
4. Materials proving the assets of the applicant or the person supporting the applicant Certificate of deposit balance, certificate of real estate registration, etc.
5. Documents proving the occupation of the applicant or the applicant's dependent over the past three years. If you are a salary earner, please submit a certificate of employment; if you are a corporate manager, please submit a certificate of corporate registration and financial statements for the past three years, or if you are conducting business that requires legal permission, a copy of your license certificate. Such
6. Health certificate (not required for those under 16 years old and over 70 years old)
This is not a general medical examination, but a medical examination conducted by a hospital designated by the Immigration Bureau for diagnosis of legal infectious diseases, designated infectious diseases, stimulant poisoning, etc.
7.Documents and materials proving marital relationship or parent-child relationship, etc.
Copy of family register, marriage certificate, certificates and photos of related parties, etc.
8.Resume: Information on residence, educational background, work history, social status, and other technical qualifications and rewards and punishments will also be included.
9.Summary of overseas relatives residing in Japan: State your relationship, name, age, residence status, occupation, monthly income, address, etc.
10.Copies of certificates of commendation, letters of appreciation, letters of decoration, letters of recommendation, etc.
11.Residence card/Closed alien registration card for applicant and family
12. Materials related to personal guarantee: Documents certifying the guarantor's income and tax payment status over the past three years, as well as documents certifying their occupation, will also be required.
The above documents may or may not be necessary in various cases, so please check them in advance.